*loud wheezing* LOOK AT THIS *holds out palms* Innocent and slightly-afraid bystander: “..There- there’s nothing there, Jessi-” IT’S A NOMINATION. I WAS NOMINATED. *innocent and extremely afraid bystander flees* WHERE ARE YOU GOING *manic laughter*
*clears throat* Um, I’m sorry you had to see that. I was a little.. excited. Ok, let’s just get down to business. *hits elevator button* *is at business level* Excellent. Hello, World! I was recently nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award and this is a post all about it! Enjoy this! I hope! Ok! *projects onto screen*
The rules of the One Lovely Blog Award:
You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
You must list the rules and display the award.
You must add 7 facts about yourself.
You must nominate 5 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Naturally, I would first like to thank Apricots and Cream for nominating me. I got her message informing me on a Wednesday night that she chose to nominate me, and I was so excited that I ran upstairs and woke up my sick mother just to tell her. Luckily, she was quite happy for me and therefor not angry that I snatched her out of dreamland. *wipes sweat from forehead* Apocalypse avoided! I was going to nominate Cora right back, until I found out that’s apparently against the rules. *scoffs* Well then. Fine. I’ll abide since I don’t want to hurdle either of our nominations into oblvion. But there’s no rule stating that I can’t talk about her blog! Cora is a wonderful young lady and although I’ve never seen a picture of her, I’m certain that she’s quite beautiful. She’s super dedicated to the blogger lifestyle, constantly making new posts to inform the world about her recent escapades which I adore. Not only does she want to improve her own blogging abilities, but she wants to see others grow as well! She’s my biggest fan. No really, it says so on my stats page. Like, right there. *points* She’s always the first to like and comment my post and her support means the world to me! Let me tell you readers, this girl deserves an award.
Now I have to… *checks rules* List the rules. Already did that. I’m on a roll.
7 facts about me? Well, *hair flip* if you insist.
7 uber facts about me:
1. I will defend pop-punk until the end of the world. I got into this genre of music at the beginning of my senior year of high school, so about a year and a half ago. I would spend my friday nights in my room surfing YouTube (BECAUSE I HAD NO FRIENDS *loud sobbing* just kidding. I stayed home on Fridays because I was so exhausted by the end of the week) One night I stumbled across a band from the east coast, and I was hooked.
2. I love donuts and coffee. I know they’re not the best things I could consume, but man they taste good.
3. Going to concerts is somewhat of a hobby for me. I lost track of how many I’ve been to, but a couple crazy experiences were seeing Sir Paul McCartney front row, and going to 3 different shows in one week. But those are stories for another time 😉 *uses reverse psychology to keep you interested in my blog* Is it working? No? Ok.
4. I have a dog, a hamster and 2 goldfish. They’re excellent company except for the facts that my dog hates me 89% of the time, my hamster is only awake at night and my fish-human interaction is little to none.
5. My eyes are blue and change with my feelings. They’re lighter when I’m happy and darker when I’m sad. LOL MOOD EYES ok I’m done.
6. I believe in reincarnation and the earliest past life of mine that I can remember was in anchient Egypt.
7. I wish we had to post just one more fact about ourselves because 8 is my favorite number. Ah well.
And now for the main event. *drum roll* *drum stick flies out of hand* *hits chandelier* *crashes to ground* *venue is engulfed in flames* Oh, oh no. Uhhh *nervous laughter* well while we wait for the fire brigade to arrive, let’s just, uh, move this pow-wow outside, shall we? *casually guides angry mob through emergency exit* Thank you all for coming, by the way. You look lovely. *drink thrown in face* I probably deserved that. Ok um *digs crumpled paper out of pocket* right.
And the nominees are:
1. Slightly Chilled Porcupine! Hilarious and creative, what more could you want in a blog? Check it out for some cool art.
2. No Talent For Certainty! This writer is constantly posting new poems, many of which I’ve shared with friends.
3. randommusings! I really admire this successful blogger and all that she stands for.
4. OPTIONAL POETRY! If you’re looking for some quality poetry, this is the blog for you.
5. Gotta Find a Home! This blog is very eye-opening to me, showing different perspectives of the world we all may not be familiar with.
If you’re still reading this, here’s some pixie dust for you. *elegantly blows shimmery material toward you* OH JEEZ IT GOT IN MY EYE. IT BURNS. OK I’M LOGGING OFF NOW CATCH YA LATER.